Reading and Phonics Workshop
On Wednesday 9th March, we held Reading and Phonics workshops, helping parents and carers to understand how to better support their children at home.
The workshop was attended by 59 parents and carers. Throughout the day, parents and carers worked with their chidlren learning how to use resources to support their children with reading and phonics.
Parent feedback was really positive. These are some of the comments made:
- We enjoyed playing the games and learning new words
- Simple to use (resources) and fun
- I enjoyed learning how I can help with reading
- Very positive activity which my child will enjoy at home
- Wonderful time with my daughter, I know how she works in school
- All the games she enjoyed and her willingness to learn is apparent
- I enjoyed playing games and learning with my child
If you could not attend the workshop, the click on the link below and visit the English Resources page to see the video and download the games. You can also click on the link to see lots of photographs in our gallery of the day!