- Our Learning
- Home Learning
- SEND (Supporting your child with SEND)
- Sensory and/or Physical Needs
- Helping a child be more alert
Helping a child be more alert
When the young person is not alert enough to pay attention to a task, these activities/strategies may help.
• Up/down movements, jogging/running, fast movement (for short periods only).
• Jumping, jumping jacks.
• Clapping activities.
• Making faces e.g. open mouth wide.
• Stamping on spot.
• Sucking sour sweet.
• Eating crunchy food.