- Our Learning
- Home Learning
- SEND (Supporting your child with SEND)
- COVID-19 help and advice
- Helping a child when someone they know has died.
Helping a child when someone they know has died.
A child that is griefing due to a loss may start to show a range of behaviours:
• Physical e.g. want less or more contact
• Emotional e.g. tearful, anger
• Behavioural e.g. controlling
• Spiritual e.g. asking questions about God
• Social e.g. hiding away
• Educational e.g. difficulties in concentrating
For children with with Learning Disabilities or Autism may become more controlling and need seek a more predictive environment; need to know what’s going on and/or need to constantly know what’s going to happen.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS FOR SOME USEFUL TIPS AND IDEAS ON HOW YOU CAN HELP.