- About Us
- SEND (Special Educational Needs & Disability)
- SEND Information Report 2020-2021
- How will the school prepare and support my child when transferring to a new school?
How will the school prepare and support my child when transferring to a new school?
Some children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) will require additional arrangements for supporting them when transferring to a new school.
Westlands First School & Nursery's SENDCo will liaise closely with previous placements, parents/carers, the pupil and possibly external professionals already working with the child, in order to develop a transfer programme which reflects the needs of the pupil.
This may include:
• Additional visits to the school
• Additional visits from our SENCO or new class teacher
• Making a Transition Book, which may include photographs / plans / daily routines.
• Circulation of a Pupil Passport made by the pupil which identifies and describes their needs.