- Our Learning
- Home Learning
- SEND (Supporting your child with SEND)
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health
Social, Emotional and Mental Health
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is going to affect everyone’s daily lives, as the government and the NHS take necessary steps to manage the outbreak, reduce transmission and treat those who need medical attention.
Children and young people may respond to stress in different ways. Look out for any changes in their behaviour.
- Emotional signs- upset, distressed, anxious, angry or agitated)
- Behavioural signs- they may become more clingy or more withdrawn, they may wet the bed
- Physical signs- they may experience stomach aches
During this time, it’s important that you take care of your family’s mental health – there are lots of things you can do, and support is available if you need it.
Please read the Government Guidance below and/or click on the menu for ideas on how to support your child.