Our school follows the Family links programme in order to have a consistent approach to developing positive relationships and positive behaviour management strategies.
We thrive to create a culture with high expectations of behaviour which benefit both teachers and pupils, establishing calm, orderly, safe and supportive environments conducive to learning.
Westlands First School & Nursery believes that, in order to facilitate teaching and learning, acceptable behaviour must be demonstrated in all aspects of school life.
We are committed to:
- Promoting desired behaviour in a positive way.
- Promoting self-esteem, self-discipline, self-efficacy, proper regard for authority, and positive relationships based on mutual respect.
- Ensuring equality and fair treatment for all.
- Praising and rewarding good behaviour.
- Challenging and disciplining bad behaviour.
- Providing a safe environment, free from disruption, violence, discrimination, bullying and any form of harassment.
- Encouraging positive relationships with parents/carers.
- Developing relationships with our pupils to enable early intervention.
- A shared approach which involves pupils in the implementation of the school’s policy and associated procedures.
- Promoting a culture of praise and encouragement in which all pupils can achieve.