Skip to content ↓

How will school help my child with SEND in Nursery?

The Early Years children are closely monitored on the Graduated Response (GR). The Early Years team will work closely with the school's SENCO and the Early Years Inclusion Team to ensure that SEND pupils needs are met.

If your child is on the schools SEND register, than targets and GR level will be recorded on an IPM. This will be shared more frequently with you by your child's key person.

If your child has a special educational need they may be referred to a pre-school forum. These forums meet in Kidderminster, Redditch and Worcester and will discuss the needs of your child. Worcestershire County Council also has some specialist provision for pre-school children with severe and complex needs. The pre-school forum is able to make recommendations to allocate your child one of these specialist placements; depending on further assessment and whether there are places available.

If you think your child may need SEN support you should talk to:

  • your child's teacher or Mrs Crabb, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENCO)
  • your child's childminder
  • your health visitor
  • your GP
  • access a SALT drop in clinic