- Key Information
- Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND)
- SEND Information Report
- How will school prepare and support my child through transition?
How will school prepare and support my child through transition?
Some children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) will require additional arrangements for supporting them when transferring to a new school.
Westlands First School & Nursery's SENDCo will liaise closely with previous placements, parents/carers, the pupil and possibly external professionals already working with the child, in order to develop a transfer programme which reflects the needs of the pupil.
This may include:
• Additional visits to the school
• Additional visits from our SENCO or new class teacher
• Making a Transition Book, which may include photographs / plans / daily routines.
• Circulation of a Pupil Passport made by the pupil which identifies and describes their needs.