Remote SEND education provision: Information for parents
Additional support for pupils with particular needs
How will you work with me to help my child who needs additional support from adults at home to access remote education?
We recognise that some pupils, for example some pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), may not be able to access remote education without support from adults at home.
We acknowledge the difficulties this may place on families, and we will work with parents and carers to support those pupils in the following ways:
- Speech therapy will continue for some identified children through face-to-face clinical appointments led by our allocated speech therapist.
- Teachers have differentiated online learning.
- Home school packs have been differentiated and resources carefully chosen.
- SENCO has worked closely with external professionals to create home learning packs to support common barriers for our SEND pupils.
- Regular contact made with parents /carers via Class DoJo and Tapestry, with phone class from class teacher fortnightly.
- Visits have been made to EHCP pupils whose parents have chosen to access home learning and support given when needed.
- Website is updated with additional resources to support Parents/carers of children with SEND.
- As usual our SENCO is available to offer guidance and support to staff, parents and carers.