At Westlands First School we encourage the children to adopt a healthy, positive and active lifestyle. We aim to offer a variety of activities for them to develop their physical well being which, in turn, has a positive effect on their mental well being. Successes and achievements are celebrated during a Celebration Assembly.
If your child has a success outside of school, don't forget to let us know so that we can share how proud we are of them on our website and Proud Board!
What is Well Being?
Sometimes thinking positive things about ourselves can be difficult. Sometimes figuring out what makes us who we are can also be difficult. Sometimes our children can also share these difficult thoughts.
Looking after our well being, understanding our strengths and qualities, realising and celebrating that we are all unique is all so important to our overall health. By having a positive view of ourselves we can take on the world, life's daily challenges, be better equipped to deal with change and have good and healthy relationships with others.
Our role is to help children understand their uniqueness, the importance of being themselves, embracing their positive qualities, being courageous and kind, recognise their strengths and celebrate all their achievements and milestones.
If you ever feel worried about your child, please speak to your GP or someone at school.
Useful telephone numbers
- Emergencies 999
- Police non emergencies and advice ring 101
- NHS non-emergency medical helpline ring 111
- Family Front Door - 01905 822666 to report a concern about a child or request additional help for a family
- Childline 08001111 a free, private and confidential service where you can be you.
- NSPCC Help for adults concerned about a child Call 0808 800 5000
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Advice on internet safety 0870 000 3344
- PACE One-to-one telephone support for parents whose children are being groomed or sexually exploited, or for those who are concerned their child is at risk 0113 240 3040
- Mind 0300 123 3393
- Samaritans 116 123
- UK Safer Internet Centre To report and remove harmful online content 0344 800 2382
- Young Minds Parent Helpline 0808 802 5544
Here are some links and ideas to share with your children.
Please click on the above for details on Operation Encompass